Terms & Conditions
USAGE TERMS OF WEBSITE
Welcome to Rarefind. We are a company led by the desire to see more and more artists, designers and creators connect directly with other like-minded lovers of unique and artistic objects and make the world a more joyous place.
The following are the Terms & Conditions for access and use of the Website operated by M/s Rarefind ("Rarefind") located at https://www.rarefind.in (also referred to as "the Website").
These Terms & Conditions (hereinafter referred to as “T&C” or “Usage Terms”) describes the terms and conditions applicable for accessing and availing the services available through this Website. Please read these Terms & Conditions carefully. Your use of this site is expressly dependent on your acceptance of the Usage Terms.
Rarefind, through this Website, aims to provide information and an online ecommerce marketplace for the sale and purchase of original designer items of interior décor and fashion accessories, including table lamps, wall clocks and furniture but not restricted to these. The Website, information, tools, features and functionality provided by Rarefind are referred to together and separately as "the Service(s)."
By accessing this Website, you accept, without limitation or qualification, the Usage Terms. You are only authorized to use the Website and its services (i) if you are of a legal age and otherwise not incapacitated by any disqualification to form a binding contract (in case you are representing any organisation or business entity you should be duly authorised to bind such organisation or entity); (ii) agree to abide by all applicable laws and to these Usage Terms. If you are incapacitated in any manner or do NOT accept the Usage Terms, then please discontinue your use of the Website.
We may modify these Usage Terms from time to time and such modification shall be effective upon posting on the Website. You agree to be bound to any changes to these Usage Terms when you use the Website after any such modification is posted. It is important that you review these Terms & Conditions regularly to ensure you are updated as to any changes made.
These Terms & Conditions constitute the entire agreement regarding your use of the Website and the services it offers and supersedes any such prior terms. In case Rarefind provides any other services, it shall separately notify the applicable terms for such services. In case of conflict between these Usage Terms and such other terms, the terms most applicable to the services provided shall prevail.
General Usage Terms
By accessing this Website and agreeing to the Usage Terms you get a limited, non-transferable license to use this site in accordance with the Usage Terms. You may only use this site to make legitimate purchases, and shall not use this Website for any other purposes.
Without limiting any other provisions of this Agreement, you may not use this Website for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by applicable laws, this Agreement and/or any applicable additional terms.
Your access to this Webite may be terminated immediately in our sole discretion, with or without notice, if you fail to or comply with any provision of law, this agreement and/or additional terms, or if you act in a manner detrimental to the interest of Rarefind, or the Website, or for any other reason.
You expressly agree not to:
- Use this Website or its contents for any other purpose not contemplated by this Agreement;
- Use this Website to make any fraudulent, false or unlawful transaction;
- Utilise any software, application, or algorithm, whether integrated in a browser or otherwise, that modifies or add content to the layout, design, or content of any the pages of the Website.
- Access, monitor or copy any content or information of this Website either on your own or by using any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means or any manual process for any purpose not contemplated by this Agreement or without our express written permission;
- "Frame", "mirror" or otherwise incorporate any part of this Website into any other website without our prior written permission for commercial purposes or otherwise
- Use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of this Website.
- Post or transmit any unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, indecent, inflammatory, pornographic or profane comment or material or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law.
- Buy/Purchase any product for the purpose of further resale or retail any of our products in India.)
- Upload files that contain materials belonging to other persons or protected by intellectual property laws unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consents;
- Upload or distribute files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of the Website or another's computer
- Breach or violate any laws of India including without limitation to information technology laws, intellectual property rights, etc.
- Breach or violate any laws operating outside India which may be applicable to the persons using this website, from India or outside India.
Rarefind attempts to provide a platform to creative artists and lovers of artistic and unique objects to connect with each other and sell/buy the finest objects. However, Rarefind does not guarantee the exactness of appearance, finish, colour, quality etc. of the products as ordered by you, except as may have been specifically stated.
The products that are displayed on this Website may use recycled material and other originally sourced material for its making. Due to the nature of recycled material, its availability, inconsistency and photographic rendition, etc, the products shown on screen may differ slightly from its actual look and feel. This inconsistency is natural and does not constitute a damaged item. Also, in the case of clocks, it may require a simple act of inserting a battery and installing the product. This should be done carefully, and in accordance with the instructions enclosed with the product, which are also available in video form on the internet.
We aim to keep every item on our website in stock. However, some of the items made using recycled material may well be limited edition designs, and stocks may not always be available. If there is an item which you purchase and then realise the item is not available, we will promptly inform you within 3 working days of your purchase and fully refund your money or give you equivalent credit to shop for something else which is readily available on Rarefind.
Products listed on the website can in most cases be customised to suit your requirements. However, this must to be done at an extra cost and at your own risk, and we do not claim that the same would be satisfactory to your requirements. Products once customised will not be accepted as returned, unless the same has been damaged due to the acts and omissions attributable to us.
The user is requested and required to check the products by coordinating with the Rarefind team telephonically, and completely satisfy itself before placing an order. Goods once sold will not be taken back except as per the return, cancellation and exchange policy mentioned herein.
- Payments on Rarefind can be made through Debit Cards, Credit Cards, Cash Cards, Net Banking and Cash On Delivery.
- We accept domestic and international Master, VISA and American Express credit cards.
- We also accept Net Banking through a large network of Indian banks.
- Payments made through credit cards are accepted through our secure online payment gateway partners.
- In a credit card transaction, you must use a credit card that is preferably in the name of the person placing the order. However, this is not a precondition for placing orders with us.
- Rarefind will not be liable for any card fraud because of the card being used fraudulently. The liability to prevent misuse or fraudulent use of a credit card is on you and the onus to 'prove otherwise' exclusively rests on you in event of a probable fraud.
Cash on Delivery (COD)
- COD is an option to pay at delivery for your product instead of, in advance.
- Currently, the option of Cash on Delivery is not available outside Mumbai.
- The maximum single order limit for COD is Rs. 6,000/-. There is no limit on the number of orders you can place under COD. However, each dispatch under COD will be made after receiving payment of all preceding orders.
- All orders placed via COD will be verified electronically by mail or telephonically before the dispatch takes place.
- Rarefind may refuse COD transaction at its discretion.
Delivery & Payments Terms
- Rarefind has its ‘Upcycle’ factory in Mumbai. On most of the items, there is no delivery charge for orders that require delivery within Mumbai city area.
- The selected products would be sent to the addressee by a designated courier and transporter, with whom we would be sharing your contact information. Shipping time for each product varies as per the exact involvement of the order.
- Once an order is placed and payment is received in full, we start processing your order immediately. This is why cancellation of orders is not possible, unless done within 3 hours of placing the order.
- Once the goods are dispatched, usually within 1-3 days of receiving payment, it takes the courier service anywhere between 3-10 working days to deliver, depending on your location and the exact nature of the product involved. Delivery to a particular location may be refused in case the courier service does not service the region or the service is refused for whatsoever reason.
- Rarefind can only process one shipping address per order. So, if you would like to order several items and ship to different people, please treat these as separate orders. We cannot ship to Post Office Box addresses and take no responsibility for non-delivery of orders in case the delivery address includes P.O. Box details in any part or form.
- Our designated courier will attempt delivery only once at the delivery address and the preferred day/time slot specified by you in the order, before they contact us that your package is not deliverable. You will need to pay extra charges for a delivery which could not be completed because of either inaccurate address provided, or no one being around to accept the order.
- All products shipped by us are fully insured.
- The status of your order status can be tracked by calling us and requesting for the shipping details.
- The whole order amount including shipping charges will be refunded, if the order is cancelled within 3 hours of placing it, or if it is lost in transit or undelivered to your preferred location, as per the terms & conditions policy. Shipping charges will not be refunded if you cancel a part of the order.
National & International Delivery
- We attempt to provide products listed on the website to all those who want it across India and the rest of the world. Rarefind, with its designated courier partner, offer different shipping options as applicable. However, there are still a few pin codes to which our courier partner is unable to deliver
- For delivery of larger sized products such as tables, chairs, wardrobes, cabinets etc, outside Mumbai city area, we charge a separate shipping rate based on the weight, volumetric size and nature of the product ordered and the delivery address.
- For orders amounting to Rs. 50,000 and above, there is no shipping charge within India.
- Once the goods are dispatched, it takes the courier service anywhere between 3-30 working days to deliver, depending upon your exact location within India or outside, and the nature of the product.
- For orders outside India, international shipping charges as well as duties and taxes as applicable are payable by the customer.
- Goods to international destinations are shipped to on a DDU (Delivery Duty Unpaid) basis, which means product prices displayed are exclusive of all taxes and duties. As the recipient, you are liable for all import duties, customs and local sales taxes levied by the country you are shipping to; payment of these is necessary to release your order from customs on arrival.
Cancellation, Return and Exchange
Cancellations can be made within 3 hours of placing an order. The order may be cancelled by addressing an email to us or by calling and cancelling the order at the given customer care number.
In the event an order is cancelled, which is accepted as cancelled, we will refund the money sent to us, by you, within 15 working days.
Online Return Policy
In the unlikely event that you face a quality issue with a Rarefind product, we are happy to take it back in an unused state, with all accessories intact and in its original packing. Products can be returned or refunded only under the following two conditions:
- (1) You have received a damaged product (2) You have received a mismatched product, in terms of colour/style/size
- While we do ensure best possible quality controls, sometimes a product may get handled wrongly in transit, or even leave our premises with a damage going unnoticed. We will be happy to replace it for you, after we have had a chance to see whatsapp photos or videos of the damage
- Any product purchased, which gets damaged in the hands of the recipient while installing it or otherwise due to mishandling, or in course of an accident, cannot be returned or exchanged.
- If you want to return any product because it has reached you damaged or incorrect, please get in touch with us quickly (within 6 hours of receipt of delivery), with a clear photo or video of the damaged product. This is critical to take up the case with our courier partner and establish that the product has reached the buyer imperfect, and has not been damaged due to wrong handling at the customer’s end. You can get in touch with us by sending an email to email@example.com or can whatsapp or call us on +91-9820749507 between 11 am and 7 pm (Monday – Saturday).
- In case of minor damages which don't need product replacement but a tiny correction, such as a cracked bulb in transit or clock hands getting detached/loosened, we will be happy to courier the customer replacement bulbs or clock hands or whatever is needed. This can be easily installed by the customer. Our support team will be on call to help you with the process and overall reduce carbon footprint usage. In case, this proves difficult to do, we will have the problem attended at our end. However, the Rarefind team must be immediately notified with whatsapp/email photos of the damaged product/accessory. Only after receipt of complaint and photographic evidence, we will authorise replacement of product/accessory via email or whatsapp communication.
- Once we received the returned products and after inspecting the condition (products should be in original packaging, with all accessories enclosed, and in unused condition), we would either send you a replacement OR issue you a refund on your original credit or debit card used for payment within 15 working days. No cash refunds are made. No products will be exchanged unless clear photographic evidence of damage has been provided to the Rarefind team timely, via email or whatsapp communication, upon immediate receipt of a damaged or mismatched product.
- Please note that refund, after it is established that a damaged or mismatched product has been sent, usually takes about 15 days to be processed and returned to the customer’s account
- All returns are subject to the discretion of Rarefind.
At present, we do not have an exchange policy. However, we understand that creatively inclined people can change their mind about the products they buy. In case, you strongly seek an exchange of an unused product, you can contact the Rarefind team by email or phone and discuss the issue. We will try our best to accommodate your request; however, no exchange can be guaranteed.
- All trademarks, logos, graphics, images, text and service marks displayed on the Website ("Marks") are the property of Rarefind or their affiliates and other third parties. You are not permitted to use the same designs, images, product names, textual descriptions or any Marks without the prior and written consent of Rarefind or the third party that owns the content. Re-using original content from the site constitutes an act of ‘stealing’ and is punishable by law.
- The material on this Website is protected by copyright, trademark, designs and other applicable intellectual property laws. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit, publicly display, prepare derivative works based on, or distribute in any way any material from the Website, including but not limited to the text, images, graphics, logos, product nomenclatures, code and software.
- During your visit, you are prohibited from downloading material displayed on the Website for any use whatsoever. We neither warrant nor represent that your use of materials displayed on the Website will not infringe rights of third parties not owned by us or affiliated with this Website.
- The Website may provide you and other users an opportunity to submit, post, display, transmit and/or exchange information, ideas, opinions, photographs, images, video, creative works or other information, messages, transmissions or material to us, the Website or others ("Comment(s)"). Comments do not reflect our views; and we do not have any obligation to monitor, edit, or review any Comments on the Site.
- We assume no responsibility or liability arising from the content of any such Comments nor for any error, defamation, libel, slander, omission, falsehood, obscenity, pornography, profanity, danger, or inaccuracy contained in any information within such Comments on the Website.
- You are strictly prohibited from posting or transmitting any unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic, or profane material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law.
- We will fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing the Website to disclose the identity of anyone either posting wrongful Comments or ‘stealing’ product designs, product names, product images or any other content.
- The Website may provide links to other websites or resources. Because we have no control over such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the availability of such external sites and resources, and do not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products or other materials on or available from such sites or resources.
- You further acknowledge and agree that we shall not be liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource.
You agree to indemnify and hold us, and our subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, agents, vendors, employees or other partners harmless from any claim or demand, including attorneys' fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of any material or information posted, provided, transmitted or otherwise made available by you on the Website or through the Website's services, or by your violation of these Terms and Conditions, or by your violation of the rights of another.
You acknowledge that a violation or attempted violation of any of these Usage Terms will cause such damage to Rarefind as will be irreparable, the exact amount of which would be difficult to ascertain and for which there will be no adequate remedy at law.
Accordingly, you agree that Rarefind shall be entitled as a matter of right to an injunction issued by any court of competent jurisdiction, restraining such violation or attempted violation of these terms and conditions by you, or your affiliates, partners, or agents, as well as recover from you any and all costs and expenses sustained or incurred by Rarefind in obtaining such an injunction, including, without limitation, reasonable attorney’s fees.
Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
You understand and agree that the Website is provided "As-Is" and that we assume no responsibility for your ability to (or any costs or fees associated with your ability to) obtain access to the Website. Nor do we assume any liability for the failure to store or maintain any user communications or personal settings.
NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM THE SITE OR THROUGH OR FROM ITS SERVICES SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
IN NO EVENT SHALL THE SITE OR ITS OWNER BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFIT DAMAGES ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR ITS SERVICES EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
If there is any dispute about or involving the Website or its Services, you agree that the dispute shall be governed by and construed and enforced in accordance with the laws as in force in India, from time to time, and shall be binding upon the parties to this Agreement. Any dispute or claim arising out of, in relation to, or in connection with this Agreement, or the interpretation, making, performance, breach or termination thereof, shall be finally settled by the Courts at Mumbai, the jurisdiction of which shall remain exclusive to that of others.
WE AND OUR CORPORATE AFFILIATES MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE SUITABILITY OF THE INFORMATION, LISTINGS, OFFERS, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS, AND SERVICES CONTAINED ON THIS WEBSITE FOR ANY PURPOSE. ALL SUCH INFORMATION, LISTINGS, OFFERS, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS, AND SERVICES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXCEPT AS PROVIDED HEREIN. WE AND OUR CORPORATE AFFILIATES DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS THAT THIS WEBSITE, ITS SERVERS OR ANY EMAIL SENT FROM US, OUR CORPORATE AFFILIATES OR ADVERTISERS ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
IN NO EVENT SHALL WE OR OUR CORPORATE AFFILIATES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF, OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH, YOUR ACCESS TO, DISPLAY OF OR USE OF THIS WEBSITE OR WITH THE DELAY OR INABILITY TO ACCESS, DISPLAY OR USE THIS WEBSITE (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, YOUR RELIANCE UPON OPINIONS APPEARING ON THIS WEB SITE; ANY COMPUTER VIRUSES, INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, LINKED SITES, PRODUCTS, AND SERVICES OBTAINED THROUGH THIS WEBSITE; OR OTHERWISE ARISING OUT OF THE ACCESS TO, DISPLAY OF OR USE OF THIS WEBSITE) WHETHER BASED ON A THEORY OF NEGLIGENCE, CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE, AND EVEN IF WE OR OUR CORPORATE AFFILIATES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE AND OUR CORPORATE AFFILIATES ACCEPT NO RESPONSIBILITIES FOR ANY DAMAGE AND/OR DELAY DUE TO EITHER PARTY CANCELLATIONS, QUARANTINE, GOVERNMENT RESTRAINTS, WEATHER, TERRORISM OR CAUSES BEYOND OUR CONTROL. NO RESPONSIIBLITY IS ACCEPTED FOR ANY ADDITIONAL EXPENSE, OMISSIONS, DELAYS, RE-ROUTING OR ACTS OF ANY GOVERNMENTAL AUTHORITY. WE SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY OWNER FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THIS AGREEMENT NOR FOR ANY FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL OR PROVINCIAL LAW.
- The section titles and other headings in these Terms & Conditions are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect. Our failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms & Conditions shall not operate as a waiver of such right or provision.
- If any provision of these Terms & Conditions is unlawful, void or unenforceable, that provision is deemed severable and does not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
- This Agreement contains the full and complete understanding between the parties and supersedes all prior arrangements and understandings whether written or oral.
Rarefind Office: Red Bungalow, Ground Floor, A1 Borla Green Acres, Din Quarry Road, Deonar, Mumbai 400088, India, Tel: +91-22-25550707, Mob: +91-9820749507, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org